Postponed due to COVID-19 Restrictions
Ticket sales postponed due to Public Health announcements January 8th.
About the Show
Opera Kelowna is proud to introduce its new Studio Production series with a groundbreaking Canadian work.
The original solo show The Book of My Shames is thoughtful, raw and honest, with achingly funny turns. It is powered by the glowing vocals of Canadian opera star Isaiah Bell, following him through the challenges of growing up in a restrictive fundamentalist commune, making bad choices in men, and pursuing a life on the stage. Combining rapid-fire monologues and personal stories with an unorthodox array of music old and new, this “comic, wrenching, and personal tour-de-force” reminds us that desire, rejection, and acceptance are themes common to us all… Isaiah just does it with a bit of glitz, some operatic pathos, and a campy wink.
The Book of My Shames premiered at Tapestry Opera in 2019 and has been developed with the support of Pacific Opera Victoria and Intrepid Theatre.
Featuring a chamber orchestral ensemble
COVID Safety Protocols
- All tickets will be sold in pairs and seating will be at tables for 2, spaced 10′ apart
- Performers will be minimum 15′ distance from patrons
- There will be no intermission and no re-entry (performance time is estimated at 75 minutes)
- All patrons will wear masks unless seated
- Additional measures will be introduced as needed, based on public health guidelines.
- All COVID safety instructions will be available with tickets
Please contact us for more information.
This Production is made possible by a Project Grant from the BC Arts Council