CRM Implementation Assistant
May – December 2021 (part time, flexible hours, contract)
Opera Kelowna is looking for a detail oriented, self-starting team member to assist with the implementation of a new database and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) platform during the summer and fall of 2021. This project is supported by the BC Arts Council.
The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising between Opera Kelowna leadership and an outside Consultant leading the implementation project. While pre-existing familiarity with CRM is an asset, it is not required to succeed in this role. Phase 1: they will prepare existing company records (primarily excel documents) for migration into the new system, and develop a detailed understanding of the new CRM system’s key processes through online tutorials and work with the CRM consultant. Phase 2: they will support Opera Kelowna staff and volunteers in learning CRM-related procedures relevant to their respective roles by answering questions and assisting with specific tasks as needed. The Implementation Assistant will undertake this work under the guidance of the Managing Director, and with mentorship from the consultant leading the project.
You should have excellent time management skills and exhibit extraordinary attention to detail, as the data standards for a smooth transition are extremely specific. You should be a strong critical thinker, independent learner, and a clear communicator.
Platform Implementation Support
- Meet weekly with the Consultant and Managing Director to ensure that project needs and company goals are being met
- Manage company data: organizing/cleaning/tagging
- Verify and maintain database and data integrity
- Learn procedures for relevant “middleware” integration with the selected CRM platform from the Consultant
- Create short training guides for core activities that will be undertaken by board and staff in the CRM (with support from Implementation Consultant). These may include (but are not limited to)
- Contract development, signature, and filing
- Tracking donation, sponsorship and registration in CRM
- Stewardship communications programs for sponsors and patrons
- Pulling donation and finance reports, as well as relevant data segmentation
- Creating new accounts, data segmentation
- Processing data imports and exports
Additional duties outlined will further support our stewardship and constituent relationship management activities as follows:
- Providing basic analysis of historical data to be used for planning purposes
- Seeking out potential partner databases (including e-newsletter, social media followings)
- Conducting online research for potential partners whose mandates are aligned with Opera Kelowna
- Preparing design templates and assisting in copy proofing for ongoing external communications
- 2 years’ office administration experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge about CRM platforms an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; merge data, vlookups, and create simple and complex formulas.
- Familiarity and experience with basic graphic design programs is an asset
- Independent worker and learner
- An affinity for the arts
- A desire to contribute to building community through innovative cultural activities
- Solid organizational skills
May – August 2021: 10 hours / week (flexible schedule)
September – December 2021: 5 hours / week (flexible schedule)
Hourly rate range $17 – $20
Remote work – Contract for Services position
Extension of contract is possible beyond December 2021
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on April 30, 2021.
Preference may be given to applicants located in the Central / North Okanagan regions.
For questions regarding this position, please email Brianna Wells, Managing Director.
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications. Only qualified candidates will be invited to be interviewed.
Opera Kelowna is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its performing, learning, and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our company community are encouraged to apply.