Founded in 2013 by Alexandra Babbel and a group of local arts leaders, Opera Kelowna is a registered, non-profit, charitable status society and member of the Association for Opera in Canada. In 2020, company leadership changed and the company is now led by Rosemary Thomson, Artistic Director, and Brianna Wells, Managing Director, with support from an active and supportive Board of Directors. Opera Kelowna is a proud member of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce.
Crafting unique and inviting opera for the Okanagan.
Be an innovative opera company that celebrates artistic imagination and connects with our community.
- Accessibility: we create opportunities for everyone to engage in opera.
- Collaboration: we are committed to strengthening our community and our art form through reciprocal relationships.
- Growth: we build appreciation for opera; capacity of our artists; and knowledge of our board and staff.
- Imagination: we are curious and courageous in approaching opportunities, art and challenges.
- Inclusivity: we build practices that continually address biases and barriers that may negatively impact those who work with and for us.
- Integrity: we do what we say; we are accountable to our partners, artists, supporters, and audiences.
- Sustainability: we are focused on building our organizational capacity and resilience for the long term.