April 30 – September 30 2023
Opera Kelowna is a young, professional and ambitious performing arts organization serving the Okanagan Valley. Our mission is to bring the power and delight of the artform to anyone who has interest in, passion for, or curiosity about opera… regardless of age, race, economic, social or cultural position. We are seeking a dynamic individual capable of managing the delivery of our marketing plan for the 2023 season who is passionate about making hearts sing through professional performing arts experiences of all kinds and shapes.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing Coordinator supports Opera Kelowna’s marketing objectives in various programs, with particular focus on June 15 & 16 concerts, Opera Under the Stars concert August 3, and Mainstage production August 18 & 19, 2023.
With graphics and content strategy support provided, deliverables on this contract include:
- Copy writing and editing of content, layout management for monthly newsletter (mailchimp) and ad copy (estimated 5 each)
- Maintenance of overall social media calendar (FB and IG) and content crafting therein
- Management of ad swap arrangement with partner organizations (bi-weekly posts)
- Website updates as needed, including writing web copy as requested
- Management of performance program layout and content, including liaising with graphics team (programs for June Concert, handbill for OPUS, and 16 page program for mainstage production)
- Craft media releases as needed and follow up with key media partners for possible coverage opportunities (estimated 4 releases)
- Initial drafting of concept and marketing for Fall fundraising event, in collaboration with Managing Director and others.
- Crafting post-program assessments of ROI for marketing channels for three programs noted above.
This is a contract for services. Other than agreed upon meeting times all work can take place as suits the incumbent. The role requires extraordinary attention to detail, and collaboration with a broad range of team members in a fast-paced environment. Remuneration offered at a $25 / hour rate; while work may vary, average expected work rate is roughly 8 hours per week.
Opera Kelowna is committed to the principles of equality and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, minority communities, immigrants, persons with disabilities and the LGBTQ2S+ community.
Application deadline: April 9, 2023
Please apply with cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Programming Coordinator: May – August 2023
Come work with fabulous people and help build outstanding operatic experiences in the Okanagan Valley, with a flexible schedule, and opportunities for growth.
Opera Kelowna is a young, professional and ambitious performing arts organization serving the Okanagan Valley. Our mission is to bring the power and delight of the artform to anyone who has interest in, passion for, or curiosity about opera, regardless of age, race, economic, social or cultural position. We are seeking a dynamic individual capable of taking charge of logistics for our programming in the Summer of 2023, including community concerts, a 2-week training program, and special events. Some stage management opportunities may be available for interested candidates. Learning opportunities include arts administration, artist and patron stewardship, events planning, effective communications in multiple genres, and small team collaboration, including leadership opportunities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the programming coordinator is responsible for executing logistics relating to our programs including 1) managing details of artist travel and housing 2) set up and site support for training and performances spaces, 3) coordinating with partner and supplier organizations for things like catering, hospitality, and other event management items, and 4) coordinating volunteers as needed to support programs (including front of house, event hospitality, airport rides, and billets). This is a hybrid role: planning and meeting work can largely be done remotely, and onsite work will require in person attendance. The work schedule is flexible and will require some evening and weekend work.
This is a dynamic role with a variety of tasks. The successful candidate is able to collaborate with a broad range of team members in a fast-paced environment, self-starts with new initiatives and takes responsibility for completion of programs / tasks as collectively identified. Although we work in a relaxed environment, professional presentation is central to success and includes: polite, courteous and accurate communication with artists and partners, punctuality, attention to detail and pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a team member in a virtual office setting
- Customer service work experience
- Proficiency with computers, copiers and other business machines, and ability to learn new shared platforms/systems (CRM, Google Drive, Dropbox)
- Not-for-profit experience is preferred; performing arts experience or familiarity is a benefit
- Opera Kelowna is committed to the principles of equality and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, minority communities, immigrants, persons with disabilities and the LGBTQ2S+ community.
Pay rate is $20 / hour with for 420 hours with flexible schedule, with in-person commitments laid out at beginning of work term.
Applications: please submit a cover letter + resume by March 15 to [email protected]
This position is contingent upon funding.